Question about manufactoring

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again, as I am learning to use this chip, I've come to wonder how do I prepare for my application and chip for manufacturing. Assuming I have my application code written for the devkit; what is needed for me to be able to get that to a custom PCB and the application on the chip?

Keep in mind I am completely new to this, and I want to make sure this is a task that is viable to me. I have considered using something I'm much more comfortable with, such as a BLE module with an external ATMEL mcu, but that clearly raises the price to almost 2x of this chip.

Assume I'll be doing the PCB layout, and have access to manufacturing equipment such as a solder wave machine, CNC, pick and place, and an reflow oven.

How would I go about transferring the application I've written for the devkit, and getting it to the chips i'd be ordering to use with the pcb i've designed. Does broadcom over a solution that I can order the chips with my application already written to them? Do i have to design this in my PCB such that I can write my application to the chip?

thanks in advanced.

1 Solution

Try the same list that is hosted on the Broadcom.com site here: Distributors | Broadcom

It seems that your browser is having problems with the iFrame which hosts the list of distributors.

Here's a list of our distributors in the Bay Area:

Avnet Electronics Marketing

1820 McCarthy Blvd.

Milpitas, CA 95035

Tel: (408) 435-3500

Macnica Americas

2540 N. First Street

Suite 280

San Jose, CA 95131

Tel: (800) 884-9042

Both have dedicated FAEs that cover the WICED portfolio for their respective company.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Note that we have trained distributors throughout the world who employee Field Application Engineers that can help you go to production with your idea.

http://community.broadcom.com/community/partners/distributors

This would include things like technical support, programming services, PCB design services through local PCB houses in your locality, etc.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

the list doesn't load for me on any tab.

0 Likes

Try the same list that is hosted on the Broadcom.com site here: Distributors | Broadcom

It seems that your browser is having problems with the iFrame which hosts the list of distributors.

Here's a list of our distributors in the Bay Area:

Avnet Electronics Marketing

1820 McCarthy Blvd.

Milpitas, CA 95035

Tel: (408) 435-3500

Macnica Americas

2540 N. First Street

Suite 280

San Jose, CA 95131

Tel: (800) 884-9042

Both have dedicated FAEs that cover the WICED portfolio for their respective company.