Problem Installing DSK-2.2.0-IDE on Windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need help with this problem

I installed the 32bit jre1.8.0_60

When I installed the IDE i got this error message:

Clipboard01.jpg

This is what is posted on the launchanywhere website:

As a result of Issue# IOJ-1737900, the Without VM installer fails to launch with Java 8 Update 60 on Windows. However, this issue does not affect With VM installers.

When this issue occurs, the user receives this error in the screenshot:

LaunchAnywhere launcher error

Cause

The installer is using the Java location specified in the PATH environment variable, specifically:
C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath
Then, the installer is appending \bin\java.exe to that directory path. But:
C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath\bin\java.exe
does not exist. Hence, the installer fails to launch and instead displays this error in the screenshot:

LaunchAnywhere launcher error

The root cause is the File version notation of java executable (java.exe) from Java 8 Update 60 has changed. For instance, the File version of java.exe for earlier versions of java 8 such as Java 8 Update 45 is the following:

Similarly, the File version of java.exe for Java 8 Update 51 is the following:

This has changed starting from Java 8 Update 60. The File version of java.exe for Java 8 Update 60 is the following:

Notice the third number is a 3 digit number (600) in case of Java 8 Update 60 whereas the same is a 2 digit number for earlier Java 8 updates.

The InstallAnywhere launcher code uses the java file version in order to determine and pick up a valid JVM path for the installer to use. The above change in the java file version is causing the launcher to fail and not use the valid JVM path.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Closing this thread and focusing on the more detailed one created here: I need help with IDE 2.2.0 in combination with VRE from Java 8 Update 60

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We have never tested the installer on Windows 10.

However, there are internal users leveraging Windows 10.

You may want to try installing from the .7z file per the instructions here: How to Import a New SDK into an Existing WICED Smart IDE

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very kindly for the quick reply.

I have never previously installed a Broadcom IDE, so have nothing to import into.

Is there something else I can try.

Joe

It looks like the work around suggested by the launchanywhere folks is a guide on how things might work on your side.

0 Likes

Closing this thread and focusing on the more detailed one created here: I need help with IDE 2.2.0 in combination with VRE from Java 8 Update 60

0 Likes