Please help

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday I received a new WICED Sense bluetooth smart sensor tag and tried to check if it works on iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 that are on iOS 8.1.2.  The iOS WICED Sense App could not be paired with either of them.

Secondly I tried to pair it with iPhone 4S with iOS 8.1 and luckily it got paired. I was then able to see the sensors working on this iPhone WICED Sense App.  However, for no particular reason - it stopped working today.  I tried by removing the battery and putting it back as despite pressing the wake button, no red light was becoming ON.

Then I downloaded the latest Wiced Smart SDK 2.2.0 for Windows and connected the tag using USB.  I followed the recovery procedure.  Now the red lights are turning ON when I use Wakeup button but the bluetooth connection is still unsuccessful. 

Please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I am using iOS 8.1.2 and WICED Sense pairs with no issues?  I checked with several others internally and they are not seeing any issues on iOS 8.1.2 either.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Vikas,

Try "Forget this device" in iOS and then see if you can pair.

I will check with the developers on the 8.1.2 version.

Thanks,

JT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks JT.  I will wait to hear back from you on making it work on iOS 8.1.2.

In the meanwhile, I need help with recovery procedure.  When I perform the Make Target step using "... recover UART=COM4" - I sometimes get "Download - error" and sometime get "Recovering Platform - error".  I have tried the "PRESS RESET and HOLD --> PRESS BOOT and HOLD --> RELEASE RESET-->RELEASE BOOT" and also "PRESS BOOT and HOLD--> PRESS RESET and HOLD-->RELEASE BOOT--> RELEASE RESET" several times.  So

- Is there an over the phone support I can call to get assistance?

- All references to SDK in the recovery procedure are to version 2.1.1 whereas I am using the latest 2.2.0.  Would that make a difference in recovery?  I am not sure if 2.2.0 supports BCM20737S.

Also is there a limitation for connecting these tags simultaneously to more than 1 device?  I thought I read somewhere that it supports up to 8 devices simultaneously but wanted to double check.

Thank you for helping!

Vikas

0 Likes

I will let j.t respond to the WICED Sense recovery portion of your question.

Your local Broadcom Distributor may be able to provide local support; here is a list of Broadcom's Franchised Distributors

With regards to the recovery procedure, there is no difference between SDK 2.1.1 and 2.2.0.  Version 2.2.0 definitely supports the BCM20737S.

There is a thread here which discusses handling multiple slaves from a single BCM2073XS client: Re: will SDK ever support more than 4 simultaneious connections?

0 Likes

I am using iOS 8.1.2 and WICED Sense pairs with no issues?  I checked with several others internally and they are not seeing any issues on iOS 8.1.2 either.

0 Likes