PUART Receive incorrect bytes

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am trying to communicate to BCM20737 tag board with peripheral uart. I initialised the puart using frunction tw_puart_init() from puart_control sample.

Also what I send to PC using puart_print is displaying correctly. So I think the setup is correct.

The problem is that the byte value obtained from puart_read() is not what I am sending from my PC. What can be the reason for this behaviour.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JacobT_81
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

I'm not sure what the reason is for the behavior you're describing, however, I do encourage you to use the sample code attached the following post to implement your PUART interrupts+reads:

Connecting an external board to the BCM2073X via the PUART

Interrupts + reads from the PUART can all be outsourced to prewritten functions in ws_upgrade_uart.c as you'll see in the code.

Jacob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
JacobT_81
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

I'm not sure what the reason is for the behavior you're describing, however, I do encourage you to use the sample code attached the following post to implement your PUART interrupts+reads:

Connecting an external board to the BCM2073X via the PUART

Interrupts + reads from the PUART can all be outsourced to prewritten functions in ws_upgrade_uart.c as you'll see in the code.

Jacob

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog
0 Likes