PUART_Control example with WICED Sense?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am attempting to run the PUART example with a WICED Sense.

Code compiles fine and builds to device OK.  My device enumerates two COM ports: COM5, and COM6.

According to the PUART documentation, I should be connecting to the second COM port (COM6).

Using the PUART windows application, I select COM6 and click Start Device Discovery.  But nothing happens...

I've tried using Realterm to see if I can get any data coming through, but nothing.

Does the WICED Sense support the PUART_Control example application?

Thanks,

Justin

0 Likes
1 Solution
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

The WICED Sense hardware does not show trace messages on both the COM ports( these are disabled from a HW design) . So you can download and run the app but you would not be able to see the UART messages.

thnx

vik86

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

The WICED Sense hardware does not show trace messages on both the COM ports( these are disabled from a HW design) . So you can download and run the app but you would not be able to see the UART messages.

thnx

vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So technically it runs, but it wont do anything for me using WICED Sense.  The whole point of the app is to grab data from a BLE device and spit it out over UART (so its easy for another application to hook into and grab data).

Looks like I have to buy a WICED Smart to run as my BLE->Serial host device now?

Bummer.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can run the puart_control application on the TAG3 board.  I'll contact you offline with more info.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andrew

do you have sw implementation recommandation for uart ? buffer management example ?

thanks  a lot

best regards

Etienne

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd probably have to defer to one of the existing threads that discuss PUART usage..

This is a good place to start.

What are the PUART FIFO Rx interrupt threshold settings?

0 Likes