More info on BCM89071

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WaSu_1697556
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hi,

I looked at the below URL and it says that the chip is WICED SMART READY.

http://japan.cypress.com/products/automotive-bluetooth

Is this programmable via Smart SDK?

Best,

Wataru

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The BCM20732/36/37 are the only devices supported within the "WICED Smart" (BLE Only) SDK (two versions).

There was also a "Smart Ready" (BLE + Classic BT) SDK around for a while that supported the BCM2070X series, but that functionality is not included within WICED Studio.

"Smart" and "Smart Ready" were brands previously applied to BT chips by the BT Sig, I believe the industry as a whole is now moving away from these brands as they were confusing to many.

Regarding the device in question, this is an Automotive part, and as such it is not intended for the broad market. You will want to work with your local/regional Cypress sales team regarding a new engagement with the device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The BCM20732/36/37 are the only devices supported within the "WICED Smart" (BLE Only) SDK (two versions).

There was also a "Smart Ready" (BLE + Classic BT) SDK around for a while that supported the BCM2070X series, but that functionality is not included within WICED Studio.

"Smart" and "Smart Ready" were brands previously applied to BT chips by the BT Sig, I believe the industry as a whole is now moving away from these brands as they were confusing to many.

Regarding the device in question, this is an Automotive part, and as such it is not intended for the broad market. You will want to work with your local/regional Cypress sales team regarding a new engagement with the device.

0 Likes

Hi mifo,

Thanks, I got it.

Best,

Wataru

0 Likes