Module stopping after some ms

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have a very crazy problem. Perhaps somebody had the same and could give me some hints.

My application is running fine on the TAG-Board. Now we created our own board.

Now my application stopps after some ms. The create()-function is done completeley. I added a counter to the finetimer. This shows the finetimer stopps after ~15 - 19 counts with a intervall of 12.5 ms.

I also tested with proximity with the same result. Running on the TAG-Board, but only starting on our design.

I check Vbat, Reset and WP-Pin, should be OK

Nothing else is connected at the moment on our Board.

0 Likes
1 Solution
asridharan
Employee
Employee
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Are you using an 2073xS module? If this is a chip on board design, what are main crystal cap values? Search the forum for xtal (or crystal) warmup and there are a number of discussions on this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I deactivated the sleep-mode with devlpm_registerForLowPowerQueries(device_lpm_queriable, 0);

Now the application is also running on our own board.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had the same problem a few months back.  I was going to suggest what you did.  Glad to hear it worked.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

But I didn't want to disable sleep completely, and I never want to go into deep sleep because I don't want to lose my app state in RAM...  Returning 0 from the callback every time disables sleep completely which is a big waste of battery power.  On the other hand Returning xFFFFFFFF from the callback allows the system to sleep any darn time it feels like it, including deep sleep (HIDOFF).  Instead what I do is disable sleep (return 0) upon entry to the application thread, then on exit from my thread, I have my lpm callback return a number like 200000 which translates into something like, "Ok you can sleep a little bit but don't go into HIDOFF cuz we need to be awake in a little bit".  Power use goes way down, by a factor of at least 4, and the RAM stays awake, and my App thread is not interrupted by the system putting itself into HIDOFF.  Problem solved.

0 Likes
asridharan
Employee
Employee
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Are you using an 2073xS module? If this is a chip on board design, what are main crystal cap values? Search the forum for xtal (or crystal) warmup and there are a number of discussions on this issue.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi arvinds,

This is a 20736S Module without any external crystals.

0 Likes