Maximum data chunk lenght when calling bleprofile_sendWriteReq|Cmd

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I just found out that my attempt to write to a gatt server with bleprofile_sendWriteReq() works when I'm only writing 4 bytes but not when I'm writing 26 bytes (causes system reset). Did I hit a hard limit, or is there some maximum transfer unit which I can configure?

Regards,

Kilian

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The standard process for reading and writing the GATT database maxes out at 22 bytes.

Take a look at the long_characteristic example in SDK 2.X

This sample application demonstrates how to read and write values to a characteristic value larger than 512 octets in length.

You will find this thread helpful as well: Support for very large characteristics

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The standard process for reading and writing the GATT database maxes out at 22 bytes.

Take a look at the long_characteristic example in SDK 2.X

This sample application demonstrates how to read and write values to a characteristic value larger than 512 octets in length.

You will find this thread helpful as well: Support for very large characteristics

Anonymous
Not applicable

I should have been more specific, I'm writing from a BCM20737S in a central role to another BCM20737S in a peripheral role. The long characteristic example only explains the server/peripheral side. Fortunately I can reduce the transfer size to 22 Bytes.

Regards,

Kilian

0 Likes