Is there still an issue with i2cm.h?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Per this thread: Issue with i2cm.h - I2C communication

Is there any update on the i2cm problems?  We are in need of an API to write to an external EEPROM on the BCM20736S using the I2C interface.  If the Apps team doesn't have time to work on it can you release the i2cm source code so we can try to debug it?  Will look at CFA but don't know if this will work for us.

thanks.

ehoffman

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I learned today that there are no plans to resolve the issues with i2cm.h and that you should use the CFA interface as described by 79rpm

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MichaelF_56

Unfortunately, we still cannot provide an eta as to when this one will be resolved.  The work-around continues to be to use the API in cfa.h.

0 Likes
MiTo_1583836
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

We are using the CFA interface (defined in cfa.h) on the Macnica Mpression board to do I2C combo write-read and unique write to a one byte register address. We are retrieving data from a temperature sensor and we are communicating with a Max10 FPGA. It works pretty well so far and it is very reliable.

I believe that someone from the Broadcom dev team said that under the hood of the I2CM interface we would find the CFA interface, so it should be working the same.

The only thing I would say is to be careful with the address/register field (third parameter) of the function called: cfa_bsc_OpExtended(), it gets incremented during the call (just something to keep in mind).

Thanks 79rpm

Have a nice weekend.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

I learned today that there are no plans to resolve the issues with i2cm.h and that you should use the CFA interface as described by 79rpm

0 Likes