Is there a max size for device information?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

If we wanted to use the Device Information Manufacturing String characteristic is there a max size that this string can be?

I see the BLEPROFILE_DB_PDU has a length field, a header field and a pdu field as LEATT_ATT_MTU-1 ...

So, this amounts to 24 bytes. Even though I thought it was 25 bytes.

So, if one needs to send a string larger than this packet size is it OK to do ?

For example, is there a max size for a variable string in any characteristic?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
VictorZ_46
Employee
Employee
5 comments on blog 25 sign-ins 250 likes received

if you check the definition for BLEPROFILE_DB_PDU in the bleprofile.h file, the max pdu is LEATT_ATT_MTU-1, and LEATT_ATT_MTU is 23.  The characteristic value that application can read and write to the database can be 22 octets in length.  Meanwhile for the GATT Write to fit into a single packet the size of the information should be ATT_MTU-3.  So I would recommend to stick to 20 octets max.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
VictorZ_46
Employee
Employee
5 comments on blog 25 sign-ins 250 likes received

if you check the definition for BLEPROFILE_DB_PDU in the bleprofile.h file, the max pdu is LEATT_ATT_MTU-1, and LEATT_ATT_MTU is 23.  The characteristic value that application can read and write to the database can be 22 octets in length.  Meanwhile for the GATT Write to fit into a single packet the size of the information should be ATT_MTU-3.  So I would recommend to stick to 20 octets max.

0 Likes