Is it possible to connect to a paired peripheral when the peripheral is not discoverable?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading the Android documentation here: http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/bluetooth.html#FindingDevices

Once a connection is made with a remote device for the first time, a pairing request is automatically presented to the user. When a device is paired, the basic information about that device (such as the device name, class, and MAC address) is saved and can be read using the Bluetooth APIs. Using the known MAC address for a remote device, a connection can be initiated with it at any time without performing discovery (assuming the device is within range).

Or am  I confusing Bluetooth classic with BLE?  I'm asking because what I'm experiencing is I'm unable to connect to my paired Anaren atmosphere board with discoverable off.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi James,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.  I'm still on family leave but just wanted to acknowledge your message.  Btw, we did have a solution which toggles enabling pairing on the device at the press of a button.  Seems to work for what we're looking for.

Thanks for the clarification.

Victor

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies