Is it possible that peripheral device advertises ADV packet in connection state?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SuLe_1710756
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received First like given

Hi,

Our customer asked if peripheral device can advertise ADV packet while its device is in connection state.

Even if I know that BCM20736/20737 supports Master / Slave simultaneously in SDK 2.x, As I know, state machine from connection to advertising is not possible. Am I right?

Otherwise, it is possible in SDK 2.x, could you let me know how I should fix hello_sensor application in order to verify this scenario?

Thanks,

SM

0 Likes
1 Solution

As soon as the link with the master is up I do this below in my callback:

bleprofile_Discoverable(NO_DISCOVERABLE, NULL);

I believe that if I don't call the bleprofile_Discoverable() the slave would be still advertising.

In the latest Bluetooth LE specification, version 4.1, a peripheral can be connected to more than one central. I am not sure if this is supported yet and will let Broadcom folks answer this one.

If not supported I would stop the advertisement as soon as connected to save battery.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello sung-mok_lee

Let me talk to the Apps team to find out

Thanks

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advertising during connection is allowed by Bluetooth Spec.

Please refer 1.1.1 of Part B in vol 6.

I'm not sure how 2073X and SDK work.

As soon as the link with the master is up I do this below in my callback:

bleprofile_Discoverable(NO_DISCOVERABLE, NULL);

I believe that if I don't call the bleprofile_Discoverable() the slave would be still advertising.

In the latest Bluetooth LE specification, version 4.1, a peripheral can be connected to more than one central. I am not sure if this is supported yet and will let Broadcom folks answer this one.

If not supported I would stop the advertisement as soon as connected to save battery.