Is OOB available in SDK 2.0.1?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tested OOB with uncommenting OOB_PARING.

Although I changed OOB key as I like, all Broadcomm BLE central can recognize and connect.

If OOB is available in SDK2.0.1, Is there any rules to make OOB key?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

OOB stands for Out Of Band.  The key should be generated by one device and provided to another device NOT through the Bluetooth Low Energy transport but through some other method (for example NFC, wire,...).  The key is 16 bytes.  Please note there is a requirement that the key should be different every time your device is doing pairing. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I believe we started supporting OOB pairing withi SDK 2.1. I will check with the developers to see which profile in the newer SDK provides an example of how to assemble the OOB key.

victorz

0 Likes

OOB stands for Out Of Band.  The key should be generated by one device and provided to another device NOT through the Bluetooth Low Energy transport but through some other method (for example NFC, wire,...).  The key is 16 bytes.  Please note there is a requirement that the key should be different every time your device is doing pairing. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the OOB key should be created through other method, what is the purpose of oob_tk[LESMP_MAX_KEY_SIZE]?

and will version after SDK2.1 support OOB?

Thank you.

0 Likes

oob_tk should be something that is exchanged over the out of band transport. There is no changes in OOB pairing in 2.1.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried to use passkey method.

In passkey case, it was same though I changed SDK from 2.0.1 to 2.1.

Uncommented PASSKEY_PAIRING can be bonded with Just Woks.

Will you recommend what  I should do more?

0 Likes

I am not sure I understand your message.  Please check the hello_sensor sample. If you #define PASSKEY_PAIRING, there will be a call to lesmp_setJustWorksNotPermitted(); and just works pairing will not be enabled.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tested several cases.

1. PASSKEY_PAIRING peripheral - Just Works central

2. PASSKEY_PAIRING peripheral - PASSKEY_PAIRING central with different key

3.  Just Works peripheral - PASSKEY_PAIRING central

I expected above cases can not be bonded, but it could be bonded.

Can you tell me how I can use PASSKEY pairing?

0 Likes