Is MBT the only way to do BLE RF Testing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way my application program can trigger the RF Testing modes directly?  My hardware does not have easy access to the UART used by the MBT test setup and I was wondering if there was some way my host CPU communicating through the PUART with the application running in the BCM20737 could force or trigger the RF Test modes.  Is there some API available to my BLE Application that can put the BCM20737 into it's various test mode?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Chris Ingraham

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

MBT is the tool we created to support the minimal amount of RF testing required to leverage the Limited Modular Approval available with the BCM2073XS Series of SiP modules.

There is however some limited APIs available which can be used for certain tests as well.

These are discussed in the following threads where a user was faced with a similar scenario to yours:

Re: How to lock Tx on a particular channel? (Con't)

How to lock Tx on a particular channel? (Con't)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

MBT is the tool we created to support the minimal amount of RF testing required to leverage the Limited Modular Approval available with the BCM2073XS Series of SiP modules.

There is however some limited APIs available which can be used for certain tests as well.

These are discussed in the following threads where a user was faced with a similar scenario to yours:

Re: How to lock Tx on a particular channel? (Con't)

How to lock Tx on a particular channel? (Con't)

0 Likes