Installation of WICED Smart SDK (2.2) on Windows XP Pro

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiTo_1583836
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

We have issues installing the SDK2.2 on a Windows XP Pro machine.

Following the documentation here (page 10): http://community.broadcom.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/1016-102-3-1031/MMPWICED-QSG203-R.pdf I would expect to be able to install on this type of OS no problem.

The installation fails with a pop-up see attached.

What could be the problem?

Screen Shot 06-19-15 at 09.36 AM.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution

Note that I checked with the developers today and it appears that the SDK was designed to support x32/x64 Windows 7/8 only, no XP.

My apologies for not pointing this out earlier.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

79rpm

Which version of Windows? x32 or x64?  If x64, is the x32 Java virtual machine installed as this is needed by the SDK.  Note that the x32 and x64 Java environment will live together on the same platform with no issues.

Most of our users leverage this installer, so it works - but others have reported issues today as well.  Typically, the problem lies in the download iteself not being complete.  Download the file to your desktop and make sure it's roughly 260MB in size.

msiddique

0 Likes

I believe the JRE is properly installed. I will look into the download more closely. Thanks!

0 Likes

Let me know if this works 79rpm

0 Likes

I am confirming with the customer, will update soon...

0 Likes

Note that I checked with the developers today and it appears that the SDK was designed to support x32/x64 Windows 7/8 only, no XP.

My apologies for not pointing this out earlier.

0 Likes