I am using virtualbox with eclipse to compile and download code. Could you please provide step by step instructions to follow?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello_sensor project - compiling and download in VM virtualbox with eclipse.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Did you use the installer to install the SDK in the Linux VM? The problem here is:

/home/applcommon-dev/git/meher/cooking-bcm/make.exe

which is not a valid Linux executable. The installer would have set this up correctly for Linux. Did you copy the SDK folder from a Windows install? The .cproject file in the SDK is OS and path sensitive. Close the IDE, open <SDK>/.cproject in a text editor and replace all 'make.exe' with 'make' (no quotes).

I would recommend always using the installer for OS on which you plan to use the SDK.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello meherkollipara,

We have not tested VM virtual box.

However, we have had VM Ware success.

Is your host OS Linux and guest OS Win 7?

JT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Host OS is Win7 and guest OS Linux.

Entire WICED-Smart-SDK project is checked in to github and I got the project in to VM VirtualBox.When I try to build the hello_sensor app I got the below message

07:51:07 **** Build of configuration Release for project WICED-Smart-SDK ****

/home/applcommon-dev/git/meher/cooking-bcm/make.exe hello_sensor-BCM920736TAG_Q32 download

07:51:07 Build Finished (took 73ms)

0 Likes

Did you use the installer to install the SDK in the Linux VM? The problem here is:

/home/applcommon-dev/git/meher/cooking-bcm/make.exe

which is not a valid Linux executable. The installer would have set this up correctly for Linux. Did you copy the SDK folder from a Windows install? The .cproject file in the SDK is OS and path sensitive. Close the IDE, open <SDK>/.cproject in a text editor and replace all 'make.exe' with 'make' (no quotes).

I would recommend always using the installer for OS on which you plan to use the SDK.