How to set Tx testmode with Wiced Sense?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to use a spectrum analyzer to measure the carrier freq offset and drift and other physical layer measurement with the Wiced Sense at both NOC and EOC. I want to know what document, test software, setting and command that I should use to set it into hte test mode for the Tx measurement. Appreciated if someone can provide any input to assist me.

1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

If the design has an exposed UART, take a look at the Manufacturing Bluetooth Test Tool Application Note (SDK 2.1 and TAG3 Board)

If an exposed UART is not available, user subash figured out how to run some Tx based tests using one of the APIs:

Re: How to lock Tx on a particular channel?

Re: How to lock Tx on a particular channel? (Con't)

In addition, there is also a good blog here on RF testing: BLE RF Testing Setup Procedures

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

If the design has an exposed UART, take a look at the Manufacturing Bluetooth Test Tool Application Note (SDK 2.1 and TAG3 Board)

If an exposed UART is not available, user subash figured out how to run some Tx based tests using one of the APIs:

Re: How to lock Tx on a particular channel?

Re: How to lock Tx on a particular channel? (Con't)

In addition, there is also a good blog here on RF testing: BLE RF Testing Setup Procedures

BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Did you have a chance to go through these test-mode stuff? wong.jupiter

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for checking in.  Not yet, because I am travelling.  I shall able to go through the test-mode stuff next week.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

wong.jupiter  Any updates?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kevin, yes I did. The references are very useful.  But then I discovered one thing.  Since other than that, I also need to work on the EDR test mode with BCM20734.  But there is no support document/EVB/discussion can be found on the community. Why is that?  Is there a way for me to get an EVB and test mode document for BCM20734?

0 Likes

Note that the 20734 is not one of the products supported here within the Broadcom WICED Smart Community.  You may want to touch base with the regional team that enabled you on this product as they should be able to go back into the factory and determine what similar types of tools may be available for the 20734.

0 Likes