How to generate the binary file for EEPROM ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RuCh_2181101
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like received First like given

Dear Support,

Our factory hope we can provide the image that can be burned to EEPROM chip.

I check the *.cgs and *.hex, they does not like the common image format. Could you give us a way to generate the image for factory ?

Best Regards,

Rush Chen

0 Likes
1 Solution

So you are using the SIP module.

The EEPROM is programmed automatically by the SDK and/or command line loader.exe process.

Essentially, the application will be automatically loaded to EEPROM initially, then to internal RAM on boot up for execution.

What happens is that the SDK downloads the minidriver to RAM and then runs it, it then pushes the code over the HCI uart to the minidriver which will then write to EEPROM.

There is no other way to write to EEPROM.  All intial programming needs to occur over the HCI UART and use this process.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The EEPROM is internal to the SIP module, so you cannot access it.

Are you talking about the SoC?

As far as I know, the minidriver and programming protocol which runs over HCI is the only way to load your image onto the EEPROM on the SIP.

0 Likes

I got it. Another question, if our EEPROM is empty, should we use recover procedure or normal download procedure ?

0 Likes

So you are using the SIP module.

The EEPROM is programmed automatically by the SDK and/or command line loader.exe process.

Essentially, the application will be automatically loaded to EEPROM initially, then to internal RAM on boot up for execution.

What happens is that the SDK downloads the minidriver to RAM and then runs it, it then pushes the code over the HCI uart to the minidriver which will then write to EEPROM.

There is no other way to write to EEPROM.  All intial programming needs to occur over the HCI UART and use this process.

0 Likes