How to enable the USB in the WICED?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can somebody help in enabling the USB in the WICED we've received? It's different from the board described in WICED-Smart-QSG202.pdf

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Are you referring to the small red WICED Sense EVB?  If so, the Silicon Labs USB to Serial driver will need to be installed per the instructions here: WICED Sense Table of Contents

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Are you referring to the small red WICED Sense EVB?  If so, the Silicon Labs USB to Serial driver will need to be installed per the instructions here: WICED Sense Table of Contents

Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed, referring to the red WICED Sense EVB. When I connect it via the USB my PC doesn't recognize it physically. No LED lights on. When I use the coin battery it operates - connects to the iPhone etc.

0 Likes

Install the Silicon Labs USB to serial drivers at the link above with the device unplugged.  Once installed, plug the device in and check Windows Device Manager to confirm that it enumerates correctly.  Do not install the drivers while it's plugged in, then try to confirm operation without a reboot.  You wont see it in Device Manager. Sometimes, it takes a few restarts/plug ins to get working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I see it now in the Windows Device Manager. This means I can communicate to it from the SDK?

0 Likes

Correct.  Should work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot.