Announcements

Join us FREE of charge at OktoberTech Asia Pacific and get inspired on how you could apply Digital Solutions for a smart Future. Click here to find out more.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

Smart Bluetooth Forum Discussions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear All,

Would please help me to figure out how i can change Transmit power to 9db on CYBT-353027-EVAL?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
3 Replies
ShengY_96
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
Employee

Please check if the followed link is helpful: Configuring Transmit (Tx) power on the CYW20706

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi yans

It certainly helpful and let me change the advertise transmit power . i did test a line of site test with having different  TX power set (i don't have required information to measure it precisely ).

and the result shows from -16 to +4  you can see gradually change in RF  strength (100 sample each time with 1 sec RSSI measurement using FrontLine PBA 600).

but from +4 to +8 strangely the signal weaker this time i tried (1000 sample for each same environment , same setup).

i used wiced_bt_dev_set_adv_tx_power() to change advertise transmit power. and hello_sensor sample code (i purposely didnt change any thing except adding line to change advertise transmit power )

Please Advise.

0 Likes
ShengY_96
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
Employee

Per my test, it works well. Attached my test pic.

Also I used the hello_sensor and change the name to "Nihao". First pic refer to 4dBm. Second pic refer to 8 dBm.Tx_4dBm.jpgTx_8dBm.jpg"