How can I get bcm20732s reset reason?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that most of cortex-m3 core can provide reset reason for debugging, could bcm20732s can provide this function? If so, how can I get it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
asridharan
Employee
Employee
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

The only reset reasons the 2073x chips currently provide are power-on-reset (use mia_isResetReasonPor() ) and timed wake (use mia_isResetReasonTimedWake() -  when the device wakes from deep sleep due to the wake timer expiring).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
asridharan
Employee
Employee
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

The only reset reasons the 2073x chips currently provide are power-on-reset (use mia_isResetReasonPor() ) and timed wake (use mia_isResetReasonTimedWake() -  when the device wakes from deep sleep due to the wake timer expiring).

Anonymous
Not applicable

In another thread I have heard of a 'watchdog' timer.  Is the power-on-reset for wake timer expired, mentioned in previous reply, the 'watchdog' timer?  I wonder what header file I can look at to find ways of setting and controlling this watchdog or wake-timer timer.

0 Likes

I'm not sure the timer arvinds mentioned in this thread is the same as the watchdog timer as this one is typically referred to in code as the watchdog.

Re: Wiced Smart Software Runtime -- Lots of Questions

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the tip.  I did a search in the Wiced Smart SDK for watchdog and go several hits.  I will try to dig out what I need from there.

0 Likes