Has anyone tried to get certification for Korea for the BCM20732?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI, I'm trying to get my product into Korea; according to the third party test lab it requires a certification for the radio. Has anyone
faced a similar challenge for Korea, and could share their experience with this process using this modular radio?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We had explored the modular approval route for the BCM2073XS SIP in Korea, but there was not a fit (see below), so we went for the system level approval with WICED SENSE.

I have asked your local FAE to deliver the Korean certifcation summary to you for WICED Sense. I will also see if I can track down the full report per his request as well.

The main reason why the 2073XS module cannot be certified in Korea is because the module does not come with a metal shield; apparently, in Korea, it must have a metal shield over the RF portion before it can be accepted for modular approval.

So similar to Taiwan, LMA is not allowed in Korea.

Note that our new SmartReady modules will have the full metal shield and provide full certification, not just LMA.

andrew997 doreilly

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We had explored the modular approval route for the BCM2073XS SIP in Korea, but there was not a fit (see below), so we went for the system level approval with WICED SENSE.

I have asked your local FAE to deliver the Korean certifcation summary to you for WICED Sense. I will also see if I can track down the full report per his request as well.

The main reason why the 2073XS module cannot be certified in Korea is because the module does not come with a metal shield; apparently, in Korea, it must have a metal shield over the RF portion before it can be accepted for modular approval.

So similar to Taiwan, LMA is not allowed in Korea.

Note that our new SmartReady modules will have the full metal shield and provide full certification, not just LMA.

andrew997 doreilly

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. We will move forward with going for a system level approval for our product. I look forward to reviewing the report. One reason the report will be helpful will be to learn regulation clauses usually stated in the report, and to see the methods associated with each clause. It appears all measurements will need to be performed by a radiated method rather than the conducted method.

Best regards,

David

0 Likes

doreilly

I thought you might be interested in a webinar we are hosting on May 3rd that covers Regulatory Testing topics specific to Broadcom BT/Wi-Fi based modules...

Webinar on May 3rd: Regulatory Testing topics specific to Broadcom BT/Wi-Fi based modules...

0 Likes