Getting access to WICED Sense GPIO

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone tell me if you can get access to the TP3,4,5,6,7 from the WICED Sense platform board and use them as for GP outputs? Can you crack open the case, and easily get to them?

Are there other options to get GPIO?  Can you run commercial USB to GPIO cables that are available (and do we have the drivers available)?

0 Likes
1 Solution
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

The TP3,4,5,6,7 is accessible if you open it up(WICED Sense Reference Design Allegro Layout File). But not all are output pins, few are Input and few are output(BCM20737S Bluetooth Low Energy SiP Module Technical Reference) ..

You can look at the Datasheet for options to get GPIO, we do have GPIO drivers but not for USB to GPIO cables based. I'm not sure if you can use them. You can find the GPIO drivers within the SDK. Let us know  if you need more details.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

The TP3,4,5,6,7 is accessible if you open it up(WICED Sense Reference Design Allegro Layout File). But not all are output pins, few are Input and few are output(BCM20737S Bluetooth Low Energy SiP Module Technical Reference) ..

You can look at the Datasheet for options to get GPIO, we do have GPIO drivers but not for USB to GPIO cables based. I'm not sure if you can use them. You can find the GPIO drivers within the SDK. Let us know  if you need more details.

0 Likes