For Broadcom BT Product, Crystal Tuning Guide

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
pich_1695756
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Dear all,,,

I have been developing our application (barcode reader) with CYW20706-A2 Version.

I'm going to do tuning the external crystal (Main Clock / 24MHz) to measure good RF perfromance.

For example, The attached file is the external crystal selection and tuning guide for Cypress BLE (PSoC, PRoC).

For Broaccom BT Product, if there is any crystal tuning guide, pls, let me know hot to do tuning the external crystal (Main Clock / 24MHz).

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Philip Choi

1 Solution
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

If you are using 20706 for your work, then you must have a reference schematic (including the 24MHz crystal as well as the tuning capacitors). My advice is that use those recommended values and parts from the BoM, especially the crystal which is a high-quality part (+/- 10ppm). These component values have been tuned and optimized for the normal operation of the chip. You should not need to do any fine tuning.

As this forum supports only 20736/7, please refer to our Korean Cypress contact whom you are working with for more information.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

If you are using 20706 for your work, then you must have a reference schematic (including the 24MHz crystal as well as the tuning capacitors). My advice is that use those recommended values and parts from the BoM, especially the crystal which is a high-quality part (+/- 10ppm). These component values have been tuned and optimized for the normal operation of the chip. You should not need to do any fine tuning.

As this forum supports only 20736/7, please refer to our Korean Cypress contact whom you are working with for more information.