Floating-Point Arithmetic

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have been working with the WICED-Smart SDK, and have had some trouble in regards to floating-point math.

When I try to do double arithmetic (i.e. increase a double variable by 1) I get multiple runtime errors such as the following:

undefined reference to `__aeabi_i2d'

I assume this is coming up because I haven't included the proper library in order to these functions, is that correct?

If so, is there an accessible library that can solve this and allow this arithmetic to happen?

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gurpal

0 Likes
1 Solution

You can also consider using a fixed point math library like libfixmath. With caching and the look-up-table disabled, this library compiles to under 2K. Unused function elimination is enabled by default for all applications in the SDK. So only functions that are accessed by the application will be included in the final image.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Hi Gurpal,

Since our onboard processor is Cortex M3 based, it lacks the FPU needed for Floating point operations (this was added with the Cortex M4) .

I checked with the team and the SW libraries for floating point arithmetic are not included within the ROM and SDK because they consume alot of precious resources.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick response Mike.

I thought it was something along those lines. Guess I'll have to try something else.

0 Likes

You can also consider using a fixed point math library like libfixmath. With caching and the look-up-table disabled, this library compiles to under 2K. Unused function elimination is enabled by default for all applications in the SDK. So only functions that are accessed by the application will be included in the final image.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone used any other libraries with good experiences?

0 Likes