FCC certification BCM20737S - Limited approval = no certification?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We developed our product, HW and SW. We used BCM20737S. it was not at all easy. It was a long and difficult path (problem wirh library, ESD, etc....)

So now we have a good product, it works and it is not expensive. Good module.

Start with certification.

Start with read all document, etc...

Start with a  authorized company for FCC certification.

Ok BCM20737S is not full certificated for FCC (because it has not metal shield).

Wait response from american colleagues of authorized company...

Result:
For our product we need to do follow certification:

CFR 47 part 15 Subpart B and

CFR 47 Part 15.247, 15.205, 15.209 subpart C

My questions:

1 . is it true? Do we need all of these steps for obtain FCC certifcation?

Our product is a normal portable product with a coin battery CR2450 and a simple half duplex serial comunication with module (module, two metal pin, diodes, capacitor and some resistance).

2. Delta approval = no certification? because, we spent less to certify products with chipset

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is correct, LSR has partnerships with Arrow, EBV, and a number of other distribution partners in Europe.  We have the ability to do on-site testing in our facility for US, Canada, EU, Japan, and Australia/New Zealand, and can provide international testing services to manage your certifications for most countries globally.

If interested in getting to get more information or request a quote, please visit our EMC testing webpage:

https://www.lsr.com/testing

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 20737S is LMA so you would need to submit a C2PC to submit a new host. You shouldn't need to do complete certification 

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

vittorio.loggia

I'm confused as well. A class 2 permissive change (C2PC) should be all that's needed. We have had many customers leverage our Limited Modular Approval (LMA) described here: Broadcom BCM2073XS SiP Module Regulatory Approvals

The process for FCC is further explained here: FCC Certification Flow for Broadcom module products

We are also hosting a webinar on May 3rd with our module partner LSR: Webinar on May 3rd: Regulatory Testing topics specific to Broadcom BT/Wi-Fi based modules...

You may find that webinar helpful as well since it will cover the LMA for the 2073XS and talk about regulatory issues associated with their combo chip module based on the BCM4343W.

cgarissdavid_armour

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much.

We followed process for FCC so for this reason I don't understand why I need to do a complete certification.

I try to investigate again but I don't understand why I have to waste my time when there is  FCC accredited test house.... I don't know probably in Italy there is no experience in this field. I don't know.

Do you have a contact (or similar) of someone in FCC USA so as I can talk with him and explain my problem and doubts?

0 Likes

LSR​ is a partner we'd recommend as they have their own in-house test facilities/expertise in this area.  I believe both EBV and Arrow Electronics are franchised for LSR in Europe.

dburletonsmithh00​  david_armour​  cgariss

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is correct, LSR has partnerships with Arrow, EBV, and a number of other distribution partners in Europe.  We have the ability to do on-site testing in our facility for US, Canada, EU, Japan, and Australia/New Zealand, and can provide international testing services to manage your certifications for most countries globally.

If interested in getting to get more information or request a quote, please visit our EMC testing webpage:

https://www.lsr.com/testing

Is email still the Broadcom email now that Cypress owns the part ? Is there similar email at cypress ?

0 Likes

thomasyounsi​ - we are still leveraging the Broadcom Regulatory team today, but we are pretty far along in the transition process and will soon be able to take this process over fully from that team.

0 Likes

Are you still leveraging Broadcom Regulatory team ? If not what is the updated process

0 Likes

Per your email, I will introduce the two Laird Regulatory Team members to the correct regulatory folks inside of Cypress.  We can no longer depend on the Broadcom LTD Regulatory team to support this activity.

jordan.manserryan.erickson_1709311

0 Likes

Hello,

If you need assistance with regulatory testing you can visit here and contact us: EMC Certification and FCC Testing & Radio Services | OnSite Certification Lab | Product Design and D...  

0 Likes