FCC Certification Questions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dasmc_2125571
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given First like received First like given

We are providing the information to our compliance test partner to begin FCC testing of our product (which contains a BCM20736S).  One of the specific requests they have made is for us to provide samples that have the transmitter configured to continuously transmit on the "lowest", the "middle", and the "highest" channel.

Since BLE normally operates by hopping channels, are there SDK functions that provide the ability to lock it to a channel for testing?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I think this thread discusses a workaround you can use: How to lock Tx on a particular channel?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I think the Continuous Transmitter Test described within the Manufacturing Bluetooth Test Tool Application Note (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board)​ app note covers this scenario.

0 Likes

Thanks for the link and the info. 

Outside of the manufacturing test method, are you aware of any way to do it via SDK calls?  We will be sending our test samples off to the lab, so it would be desirable to have a sample configured for each channel that would "just work" when powered up.  We have no way to access the BCM20736S programming port in the final product due to the enclosure.

Thanks!

0 Likes

I think this thread discusses a workaround you can use: How to lock Tx on a particular channel?

Outstanding!  Thank you.  That is exactly what I was looking for.

0 Likes