Download the firmware via chipload.exe, but report error code R6002

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have tried to download the firmware via chipload.exe (follow this post http://community.broadcom.com/community/wiced-smart/wiced-smart-forums/blog/2014/04/23/factory-progr... ),  but report error code R6002, refer to the screenshot for detail. From the description (-floating point support not loaded), it seems some library missing. But even we re-install the OS, but still can not resolve this issue. Any idea? please advice, thanks. 

error code.JPG

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We've never seen this error internally.

After checking around online, it appears to be Windows related and linked to a run-time error.

Try searching on "r6002 floating point support not loaded"

Apparently, this is related to a problem with your Visual C++ installation, and possible corruption of registry?

Here's a few threads that discuss the issue:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error R6002 floating point not loaded - Drivers - Windows XP

[Solved] Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - R6002 - floating point support not loaded | Windows-...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-windows_programs/i-get-an-error-r6002-fl...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, you are correct. It is related to C++ library, we also try to remove the C++ and re-install the VS package and still can not fix this issue.

Thanks again, I will try other way.

0 Likes

We had two groups internally test this and neither were able to reproduce.

Essentially, when they tried downloading to the TAG board using the steps described in the Blog on a Windows 10 computer, it worked fine. No run time errors.

They used the version of the ChipLoad.exe and cgs.exe files that are attached to the blog post.here: Programming the TAG2/TAG3 Board using command line tools

Your issue still seems to be related to a corrupted Windows Visual C++ install (i.e. bad registry or corrupt DLLs).

I'm not sure why the guidance in the previous posts did not work, but I would continue to try various solutions to see if they work as we are not sure what guidance we can provide at this point.

0 Likes