Download failed. This version of the SDK only supports download to BCM20736A1 and BCM20737A1 devices

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have BCM92073x_LE Kit - BCM920737TAG and have downloaded WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.2.7z.zip

I am having the same problem in Windows(10) and Linux(Archlinux uptodate)..

Sometimes ./make APP download works and sometimes not. Most of the time it works when the USB is pluged out and pluged in again.

Switches are SW2=1-2(VUSB), SW3=1-2(VREG) and SW4 all to ON (i think that the image is wrong in WICED-Smart-QSG202.pdf showing to put SW3 into 2-3 position - tried both).

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is my diff debug_working.txt debug_notworking.txt of make long_characteristic-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download VERBOSE=1 DEBUG=1 JOBS=1 command.

195,196c195

< Device found

< "Tools/common/Win32/echo.exe"

---

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+"Tools/common/Win32/echo.exe"

200,204c199,200

< "Tools/common/Win32/echo.exe" Downloading application... && Tools\ChipLoad\Win32\ChipLoad.exe -BLUETOOLMODE -PORT COM4 -BAUDRATE 115200 -MINIDRIVER Platforms/BCM920737TAG_Q32/uart_DISABLE_EEPROM_WP_PIN1.hex -BTP Platforms/BCM920737TAG_Q32/20737_EEPROM.btp -CONFIG build/long_characteristic-BCM920737TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/long_characteristic-BCM920737TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release.hex -CHECKCRC -NOVERIFY -DLMINIDRIVERCHUNKSIZE 251 > build/long_characteristic-BCM920737TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/download.log 2>&1 && "Tools/common/Win32/echo.exe" Download complete && "Tools/common/Win32/echo.exe" && "Tools/common/Win32/echo.exe" "Application running" || "Tools/common/Win32/echo.exe" "****Download failed - Press the reset button on the device and retry ****"

< Downloading application...

< Download complete

<

< Application running

---

> "Tools/common/Win32/echo.exe" Download failed. This version of the SDK only supports download to BCM20736A1 and BCM20737A1 devices

> Download failed. This version of the SDK only supports download to BCM20736A1 and BCM20737A1 devices

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok..I got it working..!

I had an external SPI device connected and when i run the download command it just blinked once but didn't start to download. After i disconnected the device it worked as expected. I remembered that i had the same problem using arduino.

Thanks guys four your feedback and sorry for the trouble.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Your settings of the SW switches are correct. Can you download the hello_sensor app and see what you get?

Can you then use an app like "LightBlue" on the iphone and try to detect the device?

Do this on Windows and let us know what you get.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

i'm still getting the error downloading..

Is there more information i can give you?

Or do some steps by hand?

0 Likes

The WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board)​ walks you through a procedure to get the TAG3 board (this is what you are using) up and running with a simple program under Windows.

The switch settings are covered (as noted in your original post), as is checking Windows Device Manager to verify the FTDI USB->Serial drivers are loaded correctly.

These are the two primary issues that plague users when they first try to program the board.

The other is related to getting the device to go into Programming Mode, which you can normally do by pressing the reset button multiple times.  Other than these items, I'm not really sure what else could be wrong other than possible a corrupt EEPROM.  For this, you can do the recovery procedure and start fresh.

0 Likes

There are several log files (XXXX.log) in the build folder. What does it say?

schef

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, here are my logs:

./build/hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/download.log

BluetoolDownloadMinidriver failed!

./build/hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/cgs2hex.log

cgs v1.3.5.0136 20140311
Copyright (c) 2012-2014 Broadcom Corp.
Processing cgs files:
  build/hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20737A1-hello_sensor-rom-ram-spar.cgs
Creating Intel Hex file: build/hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release.ota.hex... succeeded

./build/hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/detect.log

com_port.txt
COM1   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM2   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM3   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM6   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM7   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM8   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM9   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM10   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM11   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM12   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM13   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM14   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM15   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM16   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM17   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM18   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM19   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM20   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM21   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM22   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM23   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM24   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM25   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM26   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM27   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM28   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM29   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM30   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM31   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM32   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM33   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM34   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM35   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM36   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM37   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM38   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM39   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM40   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM41   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM42   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM43   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM44   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM45   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM46   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM47   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM48   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM49   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM50   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM51   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM52   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM53   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM54   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM55   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM56   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM57   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM58   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM59   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM60   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM61   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM62   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM63   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM64   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM65   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM66   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM67   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM68   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM69   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM70   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM71   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM72   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM73   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM74   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM75   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM76   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM77   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM78   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM79   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM80   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM81   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM82   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM83   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM84   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM85   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM86   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM87   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM88   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM89   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM90   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM91   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM92   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM93   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM94   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM95   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM96   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM97   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM98   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
COM99   Could not establish transport connection: Failed to open the specified port!
0 Likes

Hello Stjepan,

As Michael mentioned, you should check with checking Windows Device Manager to see if your TAG3 board shows up correctly as below. If not, you will have to install the FTDI drivers.

pastedImage_3.png

Also, try disconnecting the usb cable from your pc and reconnecting it. Sometimes this will solve the problem.

If not, the EEPROM might be corrupt. Try following the recovery procedure on page 27 in the Quick Start Guide Michael linked to.

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

0 Likes

You have a "BluetoolDownloadMinidriver failed" issue. Follow Jaeyoung's steps above, and walk through all of it. Assume you have no issue with the usb-to-uart dual ports, just do a "recover". Let us know.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now following the QSG i realized when i installed IDE that make target has only

hello_sensor-BCM920736TAG_Q32 download

and no

hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download

Does this has anything to do with it?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok..I got it working..!

I had an external SPI device connected and when i run the download command it just blinked once but didn't start to download. After i disconnected the device it worked as expected. I remembered that i had the same problem using arduino.

Thanks guys four your feedback and sorry for the trouble.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aha, i also used UART=/dev/ttyUSB0 on linux.

0 Likes

Thanks for sharing the resolution.

0 Likes