Does BCM20737S support BT standards 4.1 and 4.2, Mesh, Thread

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi to all

- Does BCM20737S support BT standards 4.1 and 4.2 ?

- which SDK ( 2.x ) support BLE Mesh

- what about Tread support, it was mentioned some time ago ?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Armin,

Do you mean Thread?  If so then this is a software layer that operates with an 802.15.4 radio.   BCM20737/20737S is a BLE radio so is not suitable for supporting Thread.

Regards

Dave

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The BCM20732/BCM20736/BCM20737 (SiP and SoCs) are all certified for BT 4.1

QDID 61027 can be leveraged across the family for BT 4.1 (Component).

There are no BLE Mesh capabilities in production today on the BCM2073X platform, but we are working on a Mesh solution on our new SmartReady, BCM2070X platform that should be in production later this year.

I honestly have not heard of "Tread" support, so I am assuming we do not support this feature.

david_armour

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Armin,

Do you mean Thread?  If so then this is a software layer that operates with an 802.15.4 radio.   BCM20737/20737S is a BLE radio so is not suitable for supporting Thread.

Regards

Dave

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Thread is also intended for BLE 4.1 but I'm not 100% sure.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David

Any news on BT/BLE BCM20730x release and BLE Mesh support ?

Thanks

Armin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mifo,

Does BCM20706 (CYW20706) support BLE Mesh function? Is there any demo apps can be found in the newest WICED Studio?

I saw the two include files ,wiced_bt_mesh_core.h and wiced_bt_mesh_provision.h , but I cannot find any apps using it.

So how can I write a ble mesh app on cyw20706 ?

Is there any official demo?

0 Likes

The CYW20719 will support BT Sig Mesh. Once released to the broad market, there will be an application within the SDK that demonstrates the Mesh functionality.  Work with your local Cypress sales to discuss early access to the product and the respective Early Adopter SDK.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Armin,

Are you referring to the 20706 or the 20739 ?   These devices are planned to be released to the Community later this year and we will make more information available as the release dates become firm.

Regards

Dave

We will support Mesh in the broad market once it is ratified by the BT Sig as a standard.

0 Likes