Does BCM20737S puart support RTS/CTS flow control?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using BCM20737S SIP module, I want to know that does this module support RTS/CTS flow control?

I had read all over the datasheet of BCM20736S, I just find GPIO:P3 as puart CTS, but RTS is missing.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Hi Kai,

Unfortunately, flow control is not available via the PUART on the module.  This is why the RTS pin no longer appears as a GPIO option in the module datasheet. However, the feature is still available on the SoC.

This is because P1 (Referenced in the WICED™ Smart Hardware Interfaces document) is tied internally to the WP function of the internal EEPROM, so flow control is not available on the module.

Good thread on the subject here: Need clarification on PUART RTS/CTS flow control support

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Hi Kai,

Unfortunately, flow control is not available via the PUART on the module.  This is why the RTS pin no longer appears as a GPIO option in the module datasheet. However, the feature is still available on the SoC.

This is because P1 (Referenced in the WICED™ Smart Hardware Interfaces document) is tied internally to the WP function of the internal EEPROM, so flow control is not available on the module.

Good thread on the subject here: Need clarification on PUART RTS/CTS flow control support