Do I need to register separately with the Bluetooth SIG to use the Bluetooth logo in my product?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

You will need to be a Member

You will then need to purchase a Declaration ID.

The cost is $4k for Associate Members and $8k for Adopter Members. There also may be a SIG incentive if you have not filed any listings or EPL’s that they can verify. Typically, you will fill out paperwork and be given 2 discounted Declaration ID’s.

https://www.bluetooth.org/en-us/test-qualification/qualification-overview/listing-process-updates

Once you have a Declaration ID, you can begin the listing process. You will either engage in further qualification/testing (for example if our listing was a Component type) and obtain your own QDID/TPG reference ID, or you will reference one of ours if you have made no changes and it is a Subsystem/End Product type that we listed.

Either way, you will sign a DoC (Declaration of Compliance) and then be considered done with qualification.

Once you have that reference you can begin associating products with descriptions and pictures linked to the qualified Bluetooth portion under your Declaration ID.

Note that when defining this process, we have made the assumption that there will be further modification by customers and that they may want to add support that is available when you have integrated sensors, which we don’t have when we qualify the embedded BCM2073XS devices. Most of our listings are Component type which means some testing is required for the profiles.

There are multiple listing scenarios and flows available on the Sig website. The one that resembles the process described above is included below and displays Company B using Company A’s Component to create an End Product.  Company B then creates a Declaration Listing and a Product listing for that end product.

Process.png

Note that QDID 51750 (End Product) is the correct one to use for the BCM20737 and the others in this family (BT 4.0)

QDID 61027 can be leveraged for BT 4.1 (Component).

There is additional training documentation on this process available here on the Sig's website: https://www.bluetooth.org/en-us/test-qualification/qualification-overview

The documents are at the bottom of the webpage under the section "Document Library".

Please refer to this post for non BLE only CYW20732/36/37 based devices: WICED BT/BLE Stack Listing for non-CYW20732/6/7 devices...

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw the WiCED Sense has Bluetooth SMART logo on the box. But I cannot search QDID in SIG website.

Or it's just because it use BCM20737S and Broadcom is one of the SIG member, so we doesn’t need to apply it again?

For generic customer who is not SIG member, can they use the Bluethooth logo once they enter SIG member? Should 4K for their end product is necessary?

0 Likes

You will still need to follow the procedure noted above and obtain a declaration ID. From this point, you can obtain your own QDID/TPG reference ID, or you will reference one of ours if you have made no changes and it is a Subsystem/End Product type that we listed.

I believe WICED Sense is able to leverage the BCM20737S ID as  you suspected.  If this is not the case, I will update the discussion.

j.t

sidshaw

nsankar

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding to what mwf_mmfae said - Every customer needs to be a member of the SIG and purchase a declaration ID.

If they are using the BCM2073xS device - then they can avoid having to re-test the product and re-certify the product by leveraging our EPL.

However they cannot use the Bluetooth SMART logo unless they have the declaration ID.

So there is no way to avoid paying for the declaration ID or have this for "free".

It's important to note that SIG has changed the declaration and listing process. Starting February 2014 the SIG removed the EPL.

The process now requires a Declaration done by each Member Company to fulfill the license requirements. The Declaration requires a fee. Qualification has been done and can be leveraged. In some cases testing may be required.

https://www.bluetooth.org/en-us/test-qualification/qualification-overview

0 Likes