Default supervision timeout - blecen_cen_cfg.high_supervision_timeout

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiTo_1583836
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

What is the default supervision timeout set to? is there any minimum set ?

I tried to call emconninfo_getSupervisionTimeout() and get 0. I also get 0 even if the timeout is set  for example like this: blecen_cen_cfg.high_supervision_timeout = 400; in the main create function.

From what I can see the connection will always fail with a peripheral if I am not setting programmatically the supervision timeout before trying to connect.

Thank you for details,

0 Likes
1 Solution
JacobT_81
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi 79rpm​,

The default high_supervision_timeout is set to 10.

Default low_supervision_timeout is set to 100.

Until you've successfully established some connection, the function emconninfo_getSupervisionTimeout will return 0. This is because the stored value is not set until after a successful connection callback has occurred.

Are you still getting 0 after a successful connection?

What is your slave device? It's very likely that either your slave cannot keep up with that parameter, or it is refusing the connection based on the parameter.

Jacob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Adding jakewtorres

0 Likes
JacobT_81
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi 79rpm​,

The default high_supervision_timeout is set to 10.

Default low_supervision_timeout is set to 100.

Until you've successfully established some connection, the function emconninfo_getSupervisionTimeout will return 0. This is because the stored value is not set until after a successful connection callback has occurred.

Are you still getting 0 after a successful connection?

What is your slave device? It's very likely that either your slave cannot keep up with that parameter, or it is refusing the connection based on the parameter.

Jacob

Ok thanks for confirmation. I checked the value of the timeout before connecting so that would explain why I have 0. Also I do see the importance of setting the supervision timeout during initialization as the default value is small.

0 Likes