Connection Interval and Connection Slave Latency default values?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
joki_2146851
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like received First like given

As a follow on to this thread: Connection Interval and Connection Slave Latency

What is the default setting for the connection parameters if they are not over written, I'm using SDK 1.2 and tried to do a search for the defaults but could not find them. Do they track with the fine timer?

kilian.timmler@exelonix.com

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I cannot give a complete answer, just from the top of my head, the master sets the parameters, the slave requests the parameter setting from the master. So you should look in the master for defaults. There may be a discussion in one of the examples related to update and data rates where maybe the defaults are mentioned. Since you mention timers, there is a bt timer (bt_clock_based_timer.h) that I have used instead of the fine timer since there was some bug in one of the 2.x SDKs + 20736

that is fixed by that. So from that I would rather assume that Bluetooth related timing has its own clock sources. Also what you could  rather ask is how are the mentioned parameters related to the protocol and where does the link layer get its timing from. The Bluetooth standard explains this probably better.

I hope this helps,

Kilian

0 Likes

Thanks Kilian.

0 Likes

Killian I asked about what settings the 20732 are asking for upon initial connection, there must be some initial settings when the device connects. I understand that the device can later ask for different settings, but the host doesn't have to agree but there must be some initially. Also it has been my understanding that the 20732 does not work with anything but ask 1.x

Sent on the new Sprint Network

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joel,

Might be a good idea to upgrade to SDK 2.2.2:

WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.2-IDE-Installer (Windows)

Thanks

JT

0 Likes

Is the 20732 supported last I heard it was only support ed on v1.

Sent on the new Sprint Network

0 Likes