Communication with Wiced Sense via Uart

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
enel_2129601
Level 3
Level 3
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello,

İ want you to ask a question such that can i connect wiced sense via uart to any controller like beaglebone or rasperry. What i want to do that when the controller send any notification with uart the sense will send the sensor data to controller. i ask this question since i read the forum and i am a little confused.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

WICED Sense does not expose the peripheral UART (PUART - the UART designed to connect to an external MCU, the other is for programming only) as it was designed to be an eval kit and is not terribly useful for series development. Take a look at the TAG3 development board as it is a better candidate for what you are trying to accomplish.

The following two apps within the SDK could be used as starting points:

/WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/uart_firmware_upgrade

/WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/puart_control

In addition, there is some example code/documentation on using the PUART in the WICED™ Smart Hardware Interfaces doc.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

WICED Sense does not expose the peripheral UART (PUART - the UART designed to connect to an external MCU, the other is for programming only) as it was designed to be an eval kit and is not terribly useful for series development. Take a look at the TAG3 development board as it is a better candidate for what you are trying to accomplish.

The following two apps within the SDK could be used as starting points:

/WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/uart_firmware_upgrade

/WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/puart_control

In addition, there is some example code/documentation on using the PUART in the WICED™ Smart Hardware Interfaces doc.

Thnak you so much

0 Likes