Broadcom SDK

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

we are interested in using BCM20702 based dongle from http://plugable.com/products/usb-bt4le and Broadcom SDK http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/sdk.php for development.

Because, in the SDK I do not see the API for some profiles such HFP, MAP, PBAP, I would like to ask you(I see that many people are using your dongle for the development, so I think you have already some experience with the questions of the following types):

Is there any way how to use Broadcom's HFP profile programmatically please?

For example how to "send a call to the remote device" using the HFP profile programmatically, any API provided by Broadcomm SDK or WICED-Smart-SDK? Or should this be executed on the audio driver level, but how? Any hint is truely appeciated!

Thank you a lot.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

While Broadcom BTW and the associated USB BCM20702 based dongles from some of our third party vendors are used in conjuction with our BLE/WICED Smart SDK to prove functionality for some of the Windows based Peer apps we provide inside the WICED Smart BLE SDK, software development with those BCM20702 based dongles, such as what's needed to develop an application with the Hands Free Profile (HFP) are not supported here on the forum.

My apologies for the run on sentence...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

While Broadcom BTW and the associated USB BCM20702 based dongles from some of our third party vendors are used in conjuction with our BLE/WICED Smart SDK to prove functionality for some of the Windows based Peer apps we provide inside the WICED Smart BLE SDK, software development with those BCM20702 based dongles, such as what's needed to develop an application with the Hands Free Profile (HFP) are not supported here on the forum.

My apologies for the run on sentence...

0 Likes
VictorZ_46
Employee
Employee
5 comments on blog 25 sign-ins 250 likes received

The problem that you will have is that HFP is already available in Broadcom Windows stack.  You may be able to uninstall Broadcom stack and then build HFP profile using standard Microsoft Bluetooth sockets which provide RFCOMM API.  But this will cover only signaling.  Getting access to voice will be even harder, although possible.  But I agree with mwf_mmfae that this is outside of the scope of this forum.