BLE_PROFILE_CFG explanation & examples

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone explain what are these settings for in BLE_PROFILE_CFG?

/*.powersave_timeout              =*/ 0,    // second  0-> no timeout

/*.button_power_timeout          =*/ 0,    // seconds

/*.button_client_timeout          =*/ 0,    // seconds

/*.button_discover_timeout        =*/ 0,    // seconds

/*.button_filter_timeout          =*/ 0,    // seconds

I found the some description in the void bleprofile_ReadButton(void) in bleprofile.h:

This function can handle powersave, discover, client, filter timeout related functions that are defined in button_power_timeout, button_client_timeout, button_discover_timeout, button_filter_timeout of BLE_PROFILE_CFG config item. When button is pressed for timeout (sec) of powersave, discover, client, filter function, such function (powersaving, undirected ADV for pairing, client function (find me, time, etc), toggle HCI mode) will be initiated. 

From the description, it seems to me the setting triggers the event (powersave, descover, client, filter) when button is pressed for X seconds defined in the setting?

What is an example that would apply these setting?  Also, if I set all to the same timeout value, what would happen then?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Those variables are for internal use only.  They were used for ROM test and are not supported when used by the application.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I'll check to see if one of the developers can respond and explain how these 4 values are used within an application.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

mwf_mmfae, I updated the original post.  Mainly I want to know if there are explanation and examples on how to use these variables declared in the BLE_PROFILE_CFG

0 Likes

Those variables are for internal use only.  They were used for ROM test and are not supported when used by the application.

0 Likes