BLE 20737S ROM version

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sirs,

We are proceeding with the RF certification process. We are requested to indicate the

<<

Firmware Version Identification Number:  The Firmware Version Identification Number (FVIN) identifies the firmware version utilized by the product which controls/affects the RF characteristics of the product.

>>

To be put into the ufficial papers. But :

the LE STACK and consequent profiles are embedded into the onchip ROM. The target application just use them, changing nothing which affects the RF behavoiur. Then I would like to indicate the ROM code version instead of target application version, which may change.

Then my question : How I can find it?

Thanks a lot,

Giuseppe

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We've had alot of users leverage our Limited Modular Approval (LMA) described here: Broadcom BCM2073XS SiP Module Regulatory Approvals​ via a Letter of Authorization (LOA), but none have requested the firmware rev, because as you stated, the core firmware and stack is loaded in ROM and RF parameters related to regulatory cannot be changed by the user.

A0 Firmware = BCM20732S

A1 Firmware = BCM20736S, BCM20737S

Let me know if this addresses your question.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We've had alot of users leverage our Limited Modular Approval (LMA) described here: Broadcom BCM2073XS SiP Module Regulatory Approvals​ via a Letter of Authorization (LOA), but none have requested the firmware rev, because as you stated, the core firmware and stack is loaded in ROM and RF parameters related to regulatory cannot be changed by the user.

A0 Firmware = BCM20732S

A1 Firmware = BCM20736S, BCM20737S

Let me know if this addresses your question.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, It does. Many thanks for Your help!

0 Likes