BCM20737S

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

> I simply want to send a few bytes out the BCM20737S SPI, and receive some back, after connecting to it via iOS or Android or Windows.

>

> 1. does your app for Wahoo do this already, vs what BRCM might already have available? 

>

> 2. also, on the ACKme module itself, not the Wahoo, is there enough space to clip or solder onto power, GND, and SPI pins, etc. to get this simple R/W functional?

>

> 3.how slow/fast min/max can I send data on SPI from BCM20737 IC?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

chicagofan

Not sure I follow this dialog as it looks like a cut and paste from a separate email dialog.

For testing SPI, we have an application within the SDK that includes a Windows peer application: /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/spi_comm_slave

This application initializes the second SPI interface on the BCM2073XS to communicate with the peer device as a SPI slave.

There is also a /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/spi_comm_master example, but it does not include a companion Windows peer app.

This application essentially initializes the second SPI interface on the BCM2073XS to communicate with the a peer device as a SPI master.

Not clear on the inferences to Wahoo.

The customer would need to buy an eval board (or sample from a distributor) and look at the documentation to determine both design options and speed tradeoffs (the second SPI is 6MHz).

ACKme also has their Bobcat board which leverages our BLE device. ndutton can help you with the ACKme Networks solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

chicagofan

Not sure I follow this dialog as it looks like a cut and paste from a separate email dialog.

For testing SPI, we have an application within the SDK that includes a Windows peer application: /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/spi_comm_slave

This application initializes the second SPI interface on the BCM2073XS to communicate with the peer device as a SPI slave.

There is also a /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/spi_comm_master example, but it does not include a companion Windows peer app.

This application essentially initializes the second SPI interface on the BCM2073XS to communicate with the a peer device as a SPI master.

Not clear on the inferences to Wahoo.

The customer would need to buy an eval board (or sample from a distributor) and look at the documentation to determine both design options and speed tradeoffs (the second SPI is 6MHz).

ACKme also has their Bobcat board which leverages our BLE device. ndutton can help you with the ACKme Networks solution.

0 Likes