BCM20737S PCB Requirements (Antenna)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am currently designing a PCB and i am placing the BCM20737S on it. I have designed the the footprint. I am looking for information around the antenna and routing traces. What pin is the antenna connected to? When is says bring all traces out on side d and side c, is this on any layer besides the ground plane layer?

any other information around this would be great.

Regards,

Luke.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Some discussion on this same topic...

BCM20732S layout

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The antenna is internal to the module (pin 10) and included in the price.  Using the internal antenna allows you to also leverage all of the existing regulatory that we have done.

There are PCB requirements within the BCM20737S Bluetooth Low Energy SiP Module Technical Reference

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok the antenna is internal to the chip. Pin 10 is left floating.

I see page 19 and 20 show some requirements but they are hard to follow. The dark green L shape coming from side D is all the grounds from the module on the top layer?

The light green is the ground plane, what layer is this on? If I place it on the top layer I cant place any components on it?

Is the light green and the dark green connected?

If I want to bring power, and route traces out from the module? Can I only come out on Side D and C? What planes?

Regards,

Luke.

0 Likes

Some discussion on this same topic...

BCM20732S layout

0 Likes