BCM20732S running SPP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have a healthcare customer who wants to run SPP over BLE, basically currently they run a serial protocol over USB to download diagnostics from their medical device.

I see that connectBLUE have an implementation of SPP over BLE but my customer prefers the Broadcom module as its price is excellent.

1) Are there any implementations of this - does anyone have any reference code ?

2) Are there any SW developers who offer a design service for this ?

Thanks

Mark

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

As you may already be aware, SPP is an RFCOMM based profile for Classic Bluetooth BR/EDR connections only; according to our applications team, SPP over BLE is not theoretically possible.

However, they did go on to say that it's quite possible to implement a “SPP like” connection and pass data between 2 BLE devices, but the end result would be that the system would not be interoperable; this should not be a problem if your customer is on both ends of the connection, for example, an application on the iPhone and a device.

Unfortunately, we do not have any pre-made code develop for this application.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

As you may already be aware, SPP is an RFCOMM based profile for Classic Bluetooth BR/EDR connections only; according to our applications team, SPP over BLE is not theoretically possible.

However, they did go on to say that it's quite possible to implement a “SPP like” connection and pass data between 2 BLE devices, but the end result would be that the system would not be interoperable; this should not be a problem if your customer is on both ends of the connection, for example, an application on the iPhone and a device.

Unfortunately, we do not have any pre-made code develop for this application.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Yes my customer will have control over both ends, mobile phone and the equipment with the SMART module in it.

Thanks for your help - I am looking for a consultant to develop code for the app if anyone wants to talk.

Thanks

Mark

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mark,

ACKme Networks can certainly help. Lets talk offline.

In order to start the dialogue can I ask you to go to this page ACKme Networks Ticket Tracking

This will allow you to give me your contact information without publishing it here in the forums....

Nick

ACKme Networks