BCM20732S and/or BCM20736S SPP profile ( COM port )

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi to all

My customer is looking for SPP ( serial port profile )  for BCM20732S or BCM20736S

There is some solution mentioned here as SPP "look like" drivers but I would

like to have better picture here

The potencial is big and having no SPP over BLE is no an option

Thanks for your answer

Armin

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

As you may already be aware, SPP is an RFCOMM based profile for Classic Bluetooth BR/EDR connections only; according to our applications team, SPP over BLE is not theoretically possible.

However, they did go on to say that it's quite possible to implement a “SPP like” connection and pass data between 2 BLE devices, but the end result would be that the system would not be interoperable; this should not be a problem if your customer is on both ends of the connection, for example, an application on the iPhone and a device.

Unfortunately, Broadcom does not have any pre-made code developed for this application, but the good news is that several of our Module partners have indeed developed an 'SPP-like' interface that you can leverage:

ACKme Networks (ndutton can help)

iDevices (smonteith1 can help)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

As you may already be aware, SPP is an RFCOMM based profile for Classic Bluetooth BR/EDR connections only; according to our applications team, SPP over BLE is not theoretically possible.

However, they did go on to say that it's quite possible to implement a “SPP like” connection and pass data between 2 BLE devices, but the end result would be that the system would not be interoperable; this should not be a problem if your customer is on both ends of the connection, for example, an application on the iPhone and a device.

Unfortunately, Broadcom does not have any pre-made code developed for this application, but the good news is that several of our Module partners have indeed developed an 'SPP-like' interface that you can leverage:

ACKme Networks (ndutton can help)

iDevices (smonteith1 can help)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Certainly yes we can help. We can also manage the full data speeds attainable by the Android and iOS OS’ if that is the platform you are looking to connect to.

Here are a few links to help get you started:

1) https://ack.me/products/BLE_Modules

2) https://truconnect.ack.me

feel free to contact me directly using nick@ack.me<mailto:nick@ack.me> and we can talk about your specific requirement offline.

Nick Dutton