AES function

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to use the AES function in \WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.3\WICED-Smart-SDK\Wiced-Smart\bleapp\lestack\smp\aes.h

However, when I run compiler, it gives the error:  undefined reference to `aes_set_key'

How should I solve the problem?   Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JacobT_81
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

To get the AES library to link, you need to compile with the chip set as 37 and not 36 as only the 37 supports encryption. Change your maketarget accordingly:

your_app-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download

The SDK handles all compilation and linking. The only control you have is from within an application's makefile by telling it which files to compile. Linking is handled accordingly by the main makefile.

Jacob

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Unfortunately, we do not provide any sample applications which leverage aes.h

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean that I cannot use AES in the current SDK?

In general, this is link error.  But I am not sure where I can specify (add) the "object files" ?

0 Likes

That's my understanding.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
JacobT_81
Employee
Employee

We don't support the use of this library since we didn't write it. You should be able to link to it anyway. I'm looking into what the problem is. In the interim, you can download the open source C code from this site: BRG Main SIte It is also attached to this post.

Copy it into your application folder and use it from there.

Jacob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for explaining it.   In general, how do I link "object files" ?   Where can I configure it in Wiced IDE?   Change makefile.mk ?

0 Likes
JacobT_81
Employee
Employee

To get the AES library to link, you need to compile with the chip set as 37 and not 36 as only the 37 supports encryption. Change your maketarget accordingly:

your_app-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download

The SDK handles all compilation and linking. The only control you have is from within an application's makefile by telling it which files to compile. Linking is handled accordingly by the main makefile.

Jacob