20736S updated by OTA and HCI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I implemented OTA FW on 20736S with maxsong Android application example (with some corrections in chip firmware...). But the firmware downloaded by WICED SDK through HCI port is no more taken into account.The firmware always boot on the last OTA version.

Is there something to do in order to update firmware both by OTA and HCI ?

In fact, it works half the time: it depends on the active DS section...

Ce message a été modifié par : Yves RAGOT

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you add " VERBOSE=1" in build target in Eclipse, you will find the firmware download in SDK is done by ChipLoader.exe

it should looks like:

ChipLoad.exe -BLUETOOLMODE -PORT COM25 -BAUDRATE 115200 -MINIDRIVER Plat

forms/BCM920737TAG_Q32/uart_DISABLE_EEPROM_WP_PIN1.hex -BTP Platforms/BCM920737TAG_Q32/20737_EEPROM.btp -CONFIG build/hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wice

d-release/hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release.hex -CHECKCRC -NOVERIFY -NOERASE -DLMINIDRIVERCHUNKSIZE 251 > build/hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32-

rom-ram-Wiced-release/download3.log 2>&1

The download agent minidriver running at 20736 side will erase the serial flash or eeprom, theoretically.

So it's strange that it failed to update firmware by WICED SDK.

1) Can you paste the log after adding " VERBOSE=1" in build target, build and download firmware?

2) Try the test on another EVB and see if you can repeat the issue?

3) Can you repeat this issue if you OTA the board with Windows upgrading program(peerapps\Windows\WsOtaUpgrade)?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

for issue of "But the firmware downloaded by WICED SDK through HCI port is no more taken into account.", can you check following thread and see if it can be of any help?

Why data in NVM is erased after firmware upgrade?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks maxsong, but the thread Why data in NVM is erased after firmware upgrade?  did not help me.

I'll try to rephrase my question : how to always correctly upgrading firmware by HCI, once an OTA firmware upgrade has been done ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you add " VERBOSE=1" in build target in Eclipse, you will find the firmware download in SDK is done by ChipLoader.exe

it should looks like:

ChipLoad.exe -BLUETOOLMODE -PORT COM25 -BAUDRATE 115200 -MINIDRIVER Plat

forms/BCM920737TAG_Q32/uart_DISABLE_EEPROM_WP_PIN1.hex -BTP Platforms/BCM920737TAG_Q32/20737_EEPROM.btp -CONFIG build/hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wice

d-release/hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release.hex -CHECKCRC -NOVERIFY -NOERASE -DLMINIDRIVERCHUNKSIZE 251 > build/hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32-

rom-ram-Wiced-release/download3.log 2>&1

The download agent minidriver running at 20736 side will erase the serial flash or eeprom, theoretically.

So it's strange that it failed to update firmware by WICED SDK.

1) Can you paste the log after adding " VERBOSE=1" in build target, build and download firmware?

2) Try the test on another EVB and see if you can repeat the issue?

3) Can you repeat this issue if you OTA the board with Windows upgrading program(peerapps\Windows\WsOtaUpgrade)?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In fact, the update by HCI or OTA works fine (by Android or Windows example provided by the SDK). The functionalities of the firmware are correctly updated.

The issue is that the version returned by the firmware is false.

I explain:

* during the create function I trace the version like that :

ble_trace2("Firware version: %d.%d. Create done.", MY_APP_VERSION_MAJOR,  MY_APP_VERSION_MINOR);

* with the Android update application I check the characteristic Application Info.

Both cases display old major and minor version.

What do you think I have forgotten or wrongly done ?

0 Likes