JTAG interface is mandatory for boundary-scan test of part CY7C2663KV18 - 450BZI ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TuDo_3177296
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I wonder that, should JTAG pins of the part CY7C2663KV18 - 450BZI be connected to the whole jtag chain of the board, in order to perform the boundary-scan test ? I mean that could I perform boundary-scan test on the this SRAM without connecting the its JTAG pins to whole JTAG chain  ?

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

Theoretically yes, but the scan vector needs to look only at our device. An easier way to find out if this will work would be to see if you can do a scan simulation using just our model.  It is always recommended to connect the jtag pins together with the rest of the board. As it makes the testing of whole board easier. From a manufacturing stand point it is better to connect all devices in scan. For prototype board, it may not make a difference. So yes, they you just connect our device to scan tester, but we suggest to connect our device in the entire scan for easier manufacturing test.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

Theoretically yes, but the scan vector needs to look only at our device. An easier way to find out if this will work would be to see if you can do a scan simulation using just our model.  It is always recommended to connect the jtag pins together with the rest of the board. As it makes the testing of whole board easier. From a manufacturing stand point it is better to connect all devices in scan. For prototype board, it may not make a difference. So yes, they you just connect our device to scan tester, but we suggest to connect our device in the entire scan for easier manufacturing test.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradipta.

0 Likes