Errors in CY7C1380D Datasheet

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
locrauteiyelu-7
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I believe there are errors in the datasheet for P/N CY7C1380D. Please check
the following issues:

1. The timing diagrams on pages 24 and on are visually corrupted. The hatching used
to indicated don't care is only partially visible which makes the diagram confusing.

2. The "Functional overview" section describes the various access patterns for using the device.
However, the descriptions don't match up with the waveforms (even disregarding the visual issues).
For example, the description of "Single Read Accesses" asserts that during the first cycle of an ADSP_N read, the write signals GW_n/BWE_n must be deasserted. But the diagram marks them as Don't Care.

I compared both the diagram and the description to a newer datasheet for P/N CY7C1381KV33
and neither problem appears there. I believe that in (2) above the datasheet verbal description is wrong (indeed, it does not match the one in CY7C1381KV33). And the corrupted diagram seems
to be identical to the one in the newer datasheet, except for the missing hatched lines.

I've been unable to contact support so I'm hoping they keep an eye on reports via this channel.

Regards,
John

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ritwick_S
100 solutions authored 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @locrauteiyelu-7,

1) Yes, that needs to be corrected. The yellow highlighted area is the don't care region.

ritwicksharma_0-1659336105199.png

2) If ADSP# is asserted, the SRAM always initiates a read cycle regardless of the state of GW, BWE, or BWX. Please refer to footnote#9 (pg#10).

ritwicksharma_1-1659336360873.png

Thanks,

Ritwick

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ritwick_S
100 solutions authored 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @locrauteiyelu-7,

1) Yes, that needs to be corrected. The yellow highlighted area is the don't care region.

ritwicksharma_0-1659336105199.png

2) If ADSP# is asserted, the SRAM always initiates a read cycle regardless of the state of GW, BWE, or BWX. Please refer to footnote#9 (pg#10).

ritwicksharma_1-1659336360873.png

Thanks,

Ritwick

0 Likes