Depth Expansion CY7C1564XV18

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Looking at the application example @ http://www.cypress.com/?docID=40490, I see two memories that are connected to all of the same ports, but I do not see separation of the port select lines - should there be two copies of these port select lines, one for each chip, to enable depth expansion? It looks like the setup in the application note will cause problems... have I just not had coffee yet?   
0 Likes
1 Solution
PriteshM_61
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hi Travis,

Nice to hear back from you!

The application example shown in the datasheet is for WIDTH EXPANSION that is why it has common select lines.

For example, you can get x72 data bus width by using two x36 devices with this setup.

But if we would like to go for DEPTH EXPANSION then of course, we need to have different selection lines (read/write) for each memory to select one of them.

Thanks,

Pritesh 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
PriteshM_61
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hi Travis,

Nice to hear back from you!

The application example shown in the datasheet is for WIDTH EXPANSION that is why it has common select lines.

For example, you can get x72 data bus width by using two x36 devices with this setup.

But if we would like to go for DEPTH EXPANSION then of course, we need to have different selection lines (read/write) for each memory to select one of them.

Thanks,

Pritesh 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pritesh!

Yes, that makes complete sense, thank you! 

0 Likes