CY14B101PA communication throught PDMA

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jfesteban
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I'm using a CY14B101PA-SFXI nvSRAM to store and read data with my application (programmed in C) in a microsemi fpga (smartfusion).

Until now, I was using the spi (serial peripheral interface)drivers (direct communication with the nvSRAM) with no problems, using the data protocol provided in the datasheet of the nvSRAM.

Now we want to use a PDMA (Peripheral Direct Memory Access) to make the communication with the nvSRAM, but we are having problems and I can't make a proper communication. Is there any change in the communication protocol?

Example: Right now we are sending folowing instruction to read from direction 0x0000FA

uint_8 send_Buffer[4] = {0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0xFA}

This instrucction works well with spi drivers, but when we use PDMA drivers we are having problems.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

Can you share more details with us on this issue. Any scope shots or logic analyzer observations so that we may see how the memory is reacting to the inputs applied. 

Also 0x0000FA is not a valid opcode for the device. The first byte transferred should be a valid opcode otherwise the device will ignore the bytes transferred to it. 

I have referred to below datasheet page 9.

https://www.cypress.com/file/44726/download

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply