Async SRAM - Migrating From CY7C199D-10VXI (32Kx8) TO CY7C1009D-10VXI (128Kx8)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm about to upgrade (and increase) a memory in one of my boards.

I'm using a CY7C199D-10VXI (32Kx8) and I want to increase the memory to 64Kx8, but I can't found it, so I decide to use a CY7C1009D-10VXI (128Kx8).

If I want to modify the board the less possible, I'll need to not take care of the numbers of the addres, because both memory seems to have almost the same pin configuration but with very different address lines.

Do I have total freedom to change the address of this new memory ? I really think that it is ok, and when I read this post I confirmed it. But because the data sheet is numbering the addres, I want to be really sure.

Apart from that, why there is no any SRAM memory with 64Kx8 ?

Best Regards,

Christian

0 Likes
1 Solution
AjayB_76
100 sign-ins 10 questions asked 5 questions asked

Hi, 

The address numbering of the SRAMs does not matter especially for Async SRAMs. 

Once a address pin is assigned with a particular address bit, You will Read and Write from the same address. So, it doesn't affect the Read and Write operation. Hence, we do not provide the exact Address(A) pin numbers . This is true for all Asynchronous SRAMs.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AjayB_76

Hi, 

The address numbering of the SRAMs does not matter especially for Async SRAMs. 

Once a address pin is assigned with a particular address bit, You will Read and Write from the same address. So, it doesn't affect the Read and Write operation. Hence, we do not provide the exact Address(A) pin numbers . This is true for all Asynchronous SRAMs.

0 Likes
AjayB_76

0 Likes