Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

PSoC 6 Graphic LCD Controller and Interface (LCDCtrl & LCDIntf)

PSoC 6 Graphic LCD Controller and Interface (LCDCtrl & LCDIntf)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

Here's an update on PSoC 6's Graphic LCD Controller and Interface (LCDCtrl & LCDIntf).

PSoC 6 provides similar functionality of PSoC 3 and PSoC 5LP graphical interfaces, but a key difference is that the PSoC 6 graphical interfaces will eventually be a part of Cypress' Peripheral Driver Library (PDL), so you will be free to use them in other IDEs.

GraphicLCDCtrl (Graphic LCD controller)

The GraphicLCDCtrl provides a parallel graphical interface which is called RGB display(LCD) Interface. This interface is for a display that doesn't have a display timing generator, so PSoC 6 GraphicLCDCtrl generates all the required display timing signals.

LCDCtrl.png

The GraphicLCDCtrl has the following features:

• Fully programmable screen size
  • Generates timing signals without CPU intervention
  • Supports up to a 23-bit address and a 16-bit data async SRAM device for an external frame buffer
  • Supports i8080 type interface
  • Generates a selectable interrupt pulse at the start and end of Sync signals(Vsync, Hsync or both)
  • Interfaces with SEGGER emWin graphics library

GraphicLCDIntf (Graphic LCD Interface)

The GraphicLCDIntf provides a parallel graphical interface which is frequently called MCU Display Interface or CPU display Interface. This interface is for the display module which has a display timing generator and GRAM, so PSoC 6 provides the control commands and the display data using a MCU interface. (default Intel 8080)

LCDInt.png

The GraphicLCDIntf has the following features:

• 8- or 16-bit interface to Graphic LCD Controller
  • Performs read and write transactions
  • Configurable read pulse width
  • Default i8080 interface and adaptable to M6800 interface by adding logic gates
  • Interfaces with SEGGER emWin graphics library

Feel free to leave comments and ask questions, we appreciate the feedback!

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm very interested in a graphic LCD interface (i8080). It would be great if there is a demonstration kit with a

compileable sample project available. Will you provide something like this? And if you do - when will it be available?

Best regards, Andreas

srnu_276571
Level 5
Level 5
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

hello,

Yes there will be a kit available with a code example to demonstrate the capabilities of the LCD interface.

Please stay tuned to this community for announcements on the availability of the kit.

Cheers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the GraphicLCDIntf library support a touch screen?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like the SEGGER emWin takes care of the Touch screen interfacing.

http://www.cypress.com/file/131161/download

ANNA_2615691
Level 4
Level 4
First comment on KBA First solution authored 25 replies posted

Hi.

Will you provide an example for GraphicLCDIntf?

I need to use a SSD1963 Display to work with PSoC6 and I cannot find the PDL for GraphicLCDIntf

Thanks!

JoSy_3545721
Level 1
Level 1
Code Expert

Yeah, I too would like to see an example of GraphicLCDIntf. The Cy8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT has an LCD, but the only example runs on WICED Studio and uses uGUI. I find it strange that Cypress talk about supporting emwin, but there are no examples for PSOC6.

Frustrated,

John

Contributors